Sunday, December 27, 2015

Reflections of 2015

Happy Holidays, Friends! I hope this post finds you semi-rested and enjoying your winter break. As promised, I have spent my break so far drinking hot coffee, going to the bathroom when I please, and wearing yoga pants and leggings at all times. After finishing my Christmas shopping, I've been binge watching reruns of CSI and wrapping gifts with Annabelle's help. Hubs and I just got home from spending the holidays with our families, we had such a wonderful time hanging out with everyone!

Kristin from A Teeny Tiny Teacher has invited us all to write a post reflecting on our past year. I thought it would be fun to look back at all of the wonderful happenings of 2015. Make sure to check out the link up in the picture below to read everyone else's reflections.




Favorite memories:
1. We started the year in Dallas for the Cotton Bowl that our Baylor Bears were playing in. While attending the pep-rally the day before, Hubs and I ran into our university president. He is a well liked man on campus, sort of a celebrity you could say. Anyway, we asked for a picture and he was so kind to take a selfie with us. Our whole trip was worth it for that picture!


2. On Spring Break, Hubs and I enjoyed a week long cruise to the Caribbean. 7 solid days of relaxation--it was amazing! 



While we were there we got to visit a baby sea turtle farm, it was definitely a highlight of the trip! 

3. In April, my Kinder class hatched baby chickens! I highly recommend this project to anyone who is able to make it happen. Seriously, getting to watch my class see a baby chick hatch was something I will remember forever. 




4. Over the summer, I moved schools, to one much closer to home. I love my new place and all the people that go with it. 



5. In November, our best friends had their first baby! I am a proud Aunt Fairy to a sweet baby boy. We recently got to meet him for the first time. My oh my, he is something precious!






Favorite TV series
This one is a three way tie--hubs and I love all three of the "Chicago" shows!



Favorite restaurant
Hubs and I found a super neat place in downtown Austin called Max's Wine Dive that serves the most amazing Gluten Free Fried Chicken. We have enjoyed going several times this year. 


Favorite picture

Before dinner one night on our Spring Break cruise. 


Goal for 2016
My goal for 2016 is to be more organized at home and at school. I always start out the school year strong in the organization department, but as the year goes on I just smash things into my cabinet and put paper into those dreaded piles. I tell myself, "I'll deal with it over the summer!" I am going to try not to do that to myself and have promised that I will try to put things back where they go each Friday afternoon. As far as our house goes, we are going to do a lot of culling and clearing of things, we don't need so much stuff! 2016 will be clean and organized!

Well, that was fun! It has been a fun year for sure. Be sure to check our the other bloggers who have linked up with their 2015 reflections! Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment