Sunday, September 13, 2015

Catching Up

Hi friends!

I am so sorry that I have been away for a while--I forget how crazy the beginning of the year is. I get home, attempt to make supper, and then I usually flop on the couch and don't move until it's an acceptable time to go to bed. (8:30 is an acceptable bed time, right?!) In turn, my sweet little blog has been neglected. But let's catch up on what's been happening lately in the Wonderland world.

My nuggets are getting settled into our routine and procedures. I have an AH-MA-ZING group of kids this year. They are funny and so sweet! I got very lucky. For the most part, they all seem to enjoy school and being with their classmates. One of their favorite parts of our room is the library. I love seeing them settle in with a reading buddy and a good book. I think some of them would stay there all day if I let them!



Hubs and I were up at the school over the Labor Day weekend and he noticed a lack of storage in my classroom. I was totally out of space and I still have things at home that I haven't even taken to the school. We brainstormed and came up with a game plan for some homemade shelves. 


A few hours later...


Ta-Dah! The most glorious 16 feet of shelves I have ever seen in my life! I am so thankful to have a handy hubs that doesn't mind building projects for my classroom. He knows that my classroom is like a second home and wants me to have as much space for junk supplies as possible. I'll get better pictures of how we are using the shelves soon!

I only have one picture to show you from this past week. My phone was in an unfortunate accident on Wednesday and suffered a shattered screen. I had to keep it in a zip top bag until I could get it fixed and so I wasn't able to take pictures without the risk of slicing my fingers open. It is fixed now, thank goodness!

We are still working a lot with our names! I found this great activity from Ketchen's Kindergarten {HERE}. It was super quick to prep and the kids had such a great time. For the fix it part, I just wrote their name on a sentence strip, cut it apart, and gave it to them in a zip top bag. Easy and fun!


Well, that's about it! This week we are working with our 5 Senses, which is always fun. Recap on weekly plans coming soon!

Have a great week, blog friends!








No comments:

Post a Comment