Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Make Ahead Meal

Hi friends!

It's Tuesday and the gals at Blog Hoppin' are hosting a linky party about make ahead meals today. I can't wait to see what everyone else has to show--I plan on filling up my recipe box today!



My make ahead meal is super easy and more a lifesaver when it comes to fall and winter. Hubs and I seriously eat this probably twice a week when the weather is cool.

I don't have any pictures to go with the post but here is my recipe!

Taco Soup!
1 pound lean ground beef (you can also use ground turkey or a combo of beef and turkey)
1 large can of diced tomatoes
1 can of Rotel (tomatoes with green chiles)
1 can of corn
2 cans of beans of your choice (I use Ranch Style beans and pintos with jalapenos)
1 package of taco seasoning
1 packages of ranch dressing mix
Shredded cheese for topping


Brown the meat with some onions in a big pot and drain any extra fat. Then just open up all the cans and dump everything in, juice and all. Stir in the season packets and let it simmer for 30ish minutes. Serve with cornbread or tortilla chips.

I love this recipe because it makes a lot, it freezes well, and it makes for great leftovers for lunch the next day.

Be sure to check out all the other links on Blog Hoppin' today to see what everyone else is cooking!



2 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious! I'm always wanting to try a taco soup, but my husband is allergic to beans. I have to come up with a way to make it hearty without the beans, because I know we will love the flavors of the soup. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand! Maybe you could try hominy? Not sure if that is considered a bean or not!

      Thanks for your sweet comment!

      Delete