Friday, June 26, 2015

Five for Friday!



Happy Friday! I am linking up for my first 5 for Friday with Doodle Bugs Teaching!


I went to my new school this week for two days of professional development. Let me tell you, I am going to be working with some AMAZING women. I am really looking forward to collaborating with them and bettering myself as a teacher. It seems to be a very positive work environment which I find extremely important, especially in schools. When you and the people around you are positive, the students feed off of the positive energy and in turn will have a better attitude towards learning and school in general. 


 Hubs and I have two VERY different jobs in the workforce. He is a software engineer for a company and most of the things he tells me about his job go right over my head! Ha! I am thankful for people like him who understand it because without them, we wouldn't have a lot of the technology that we have. When I was throwing around the idea of starting my own teaching blog, I was telling him that I wanted to make mine super custom but didn't really want to pay big bucks for it. Hubs told me that if I could design it, he could hook up the back end of the site for me. I wasn't sure what I wanted exactly but we decided to just give it a try before we paid someone to do it. I think we both surprised each other at how smoothly it all went. I am so thrilled at how amazing it looks! I also loved working side by side with him, we never thought our professions would collide like that!



My sweet mom and I are taking a girls trip to Houston this weekend. We are reliving the 90s and going to a Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood concert. I can't wait! I was a huge fan of them both growing up. It's always so much fun spending time with my mom, too.

This was a few years ago at Parent's Weekend at Baylor. I know, I know--- we look nothing alike. ;) Just kidding!




We are focusing a lot on writing this year at school. I have to admit that writing is not my favorite nor my strongest subject to teach. I am committed to working this summer to educate myself on some great writing practices. Do you have favorite books you can recommend for teaching beginning writers? I am open to any suggestions!



For the first time all summer, my whole next week is open! My plan is to reorganize our kitchen. I want to clean out the pantry and organize some of our cabinets. Hopefully I am motivated to get it done because let's be honest, Netflix and the couch like to keep me distracted from home projects in the summer. ;) I'll let you know how that turns out next Friday!

Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy the time with your mom!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are off to a great start at the new school. AND enjoy your next week off.

    Cheers,
    DocRunning
    http://everyed.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete