Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Osmo Amazement


I am always on the lookout for new and interesting things that will keep my students engaged while still providing them meaningful learning experiences. I whole heartedly believe in learning through play, especially in Kindergarten. Thankfully, my school supports those same ideas.

Last Christmas, my sweet aunt and uncle game me the Osmo system and I knew immediately my classroom kids were going to LOVE it. If you haven't heard of the Osmo, you should check out their website. It is a system that goes with the iPad. You attach the little red mirror over the front facing camera and put the iPad in the base that comes with the system. You can play four different games with the Osmo system and let me tell you, my kids were instantly in love and more importantly, engaged! Here is a short little video that the great people at Osmo put out to introduce the system.



I can't say enough good things about the Osmo. I highly recommend it to anyone in the classroom or parents with kiddos at home. This is something that kids of all ages can enjoy. Osmo is running a pretty neat program right now where when you buy one from the Osmo website, you can pick a classroom and Osmo will donate a system to that teacher. How awesome is that?! You can find more information on the Buy One, Give One program here.


Here are some of my own students working with the Tangram game. They are learning so much here-- following directions, spatial reasoning, shapes, working in a team, problem solving and being patient! It's always a bonus when I can combine academics and social skills into one activity. I LOVE this system!



P.S. Osmo did not ask me to write this post. I am just a fan trying to spread the word about their amazing products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment