Friday, July 17, 2015

Five for Friday

Hi there! Sorry about the two week absence--I have been busy! I hope you all have been enjoying your summer, it has been a scorcher here in Texas the past few weeks! They are forecasting the temps to hit triple digits later next week-- that is my cue to find a swimming pool!

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for a quick edition of Five for Friday!



Hubs and I went to Houston last weekend to visit some of our best friends and celebrate a birthday! We enjoyed a weekend of catching up, eating yummy food, and some bowling! They even brought me a tiny gluten free cake so I could eat dessert with the rest of them. It was delicious! Somehow, this was the only picture I took all weekend!  




They cleaned my classroom early this week so I started moving my things in once the carpet was dry. It is a work in progress but here is a sneak peek that I shared on Instagram a few days ago. I have a HUGE bulletin board and it was perfect for my word wall. I used the alphabet anchor charts from The First Grade Parade. I love the way it turned out! Hubs and I are headed up to the school in the morning with another load of my junk stuff. 



I finished a Pintrest project today! I have been wanting to do a gallery wall in our living room for a while now but couldn't decide how I wanted it arranged. I picked up the frames at Ikea, the A is from At Home, and the little hearts are from Michael's. I am really pleased at the way it turned out! The hearts are staying sideways like that. I was waiting for hubs to get home from work to help me with the nail placement. 



The school supply aisles are in all the stores now. I feel very torn, part of me is sad because that means summer is coming to a end, but the other part of me is going down every aisle because I want to see all of the neat supplies they have come out with. I even bought some crayons and a spiral today. #teacherprobs 


Hubs and I have big plans for the weekend. Or not. ;) We are going to take a load of things to the school, maybe work in my classroom for a bit. After that, probably a lot of hanging out at home with Annabelle. Maybe we will get a wild hair and go see the new Minion movie! Ha! Have a great weekend friends!










4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your gallery wall! It is so hard deciding what to place where. Kudos to you for getting it done! Mine is still a thought in progress. I can never decide on what I want to go up! I know how you feel about them school supply aisles, I'm always a sucker and get drawn in. Good luck on your school year! I look forward to seeing more glimpses into your room!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley! I have been the same way about my gallery wall but I finally just started looking at some layouts on Pinterest and then tweaked it to my liking. It helped A LOT to see some online that others had already done. I can't wait to see it when you finish!
      Ashton

      Delete
  2. Your word wall looks great with those big alphabet anchor chart letters! Great idea!

    Learning at the Teacher Table

    ReplyDelete