Friday, July 31, 2015

Five for Friday!

Happy Friday, Friends!

It has been a crazy week in the Allison household but it's all good things! I'll have to wait until next week to tell you more but needless to say, we are excited! (And no, it's not a baby.)

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for my usual Five for Friday!



I finished a fun DIY project this week. I used to have this bench/toy box in my room as a child and then my cousin had it for a while in her room. She's a grown up teenager now and decided she didn't need it any more. Hubs and I recovered it and ta-da! It's going to be perfect for two Kinder tushies in my reading center. I think it looks great!

This is the before--blue with little white birds. 
(Please note the Mickey Mouse dog toy is totally photo bombing in the background!)
#lifewithadog

After! This green matches my classroom decor a lot better. 


Hubs and I got to enjoy a game last night at our local minor league baseball park. They hosted a Baylor night and it was so fun! We saw some friends, members of the football team threw our the first pitch and Holly Tucker sang the national anthem.





I am working on finding some great iPad apps to use with my kiddos this coming year. What are your favorite apps to use in the classroom?


I am so excited for next week! For two days, I am getting to learn from one of my faves--Dr. Jean! She is coming to Austin and I had a Donor's Choose project funded back in the spring thanks to their new PD program and some very generous donors. I feel like a pre-teen going to a One Direction concert. So. Excited. 



We are planning to have nice and relaxing weekend at home. I'm sure there will be some school projects to work on, laundry to do, and yards to be tended to, but that sounds like a good weekend to me! 


Have a great weekend, friends!











2 comments:

  1. I am SOOOO JEALOUS that you are going to a Dr. Jean conference! She is amazing! Don't know what we would do on rainy recess days without Dr. Jean!!

    Carlee Van Ness
    The Kindergarten Press

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that! Hubs always laughs at me when I come home humming "Alllllligator...."
      I am super exited to see her in action!

      Delete